I have always lived by the mantra "Every passing minute is just another chance to turn it all around." I want to live that way and I want to believe that is true.
I know that I am the only one connecting myself to "yesterday". I am the one who can't seem to stop the chatter in my own head that is taking me back and preventing me from living in this moment right now.
Today is a new day, but it is difficult not to let yesterday creep in and mess up your positive thinking. In all of the reading that I have always done on the Zen living, you are just supposed to keep bringing yourself back to "NOW". It sounds so easy, yet in practice it is much more difficult.
I don't understand why as people we have a hard time living in the now. If we lived in the now, we wouldn't feel half of the pain that we feel. We could just enjoy what is happening without struggling with what is wrong and yearning for what is not.
I don't want to yearn for what is not. I want to burn myself out in every possible moment and just know that what is happening right now is the best possible thing that could happen. I want to believe in that with every fiber of my being, but I guess some behaviors are just so deeply embedded that it will take awhile to dig them up and get rid of them.
My goal for today is to just live in today. Not spend my time worrying about yesterday and not obsessing about tomorrow. Today, I will just worry about what is happening now. I will look for my motivation, which has been lost this week and I will do at least one thing that makes me feel good and healthy.
It is a new day, even though previous days seem to be dragging me down, I will enjoy today. I will sit with my legs crossed and breath deeply in and out finding the zen in my own life.
Ceriakan Hari-harimu dengan Permainan Memasak
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment